Did you know that Pinterest is one of the popular social media platforms, with over 460 million users worldwide?
Still, it’s one of the less-crowded platforms compared to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Also, nearly 85% of weekly Pinterest users have made a purchase from a Pin.
So it’s a PERFECT platform for business and website owners who want to grow their traffic and sales.
If you’re looking to get more followers on Pinterest, this guide is just for you where you’ll discover;
- Proven tips to grow your Pinterest following
- A quick checklist on how to blow up on Pinterest
- And much more
Let’s dive into the details without further ado.
How to Get More Followers on Pinterest – Top 8 Tips for 2023
1. Pin 5 times a day
Pinning consistently is one of the easiest ways to get more followers on Pinterest. The more you pin, the more likely you are to appear in people’s feeds.
Here’s the tip: pin at least five times a day.
If you’re just getting started, you need a lot of pins on your Pinterest profile to attract new people. As you grow your Pinterest following, you can adjust the number of pins you post. But when you’re starting, post often.
Remember to post high-quality pins that are visually appealing.
You can use tools like Canva or Photoshop to create pins. Make sure to write click-worthy titles for your pins to attract more clicks.
Here are some quick tips for pinning multiple times a day:
- Choose the right times to pin. You don’t want to pin on every time you open your Pinterest account. There are certain times that can help you reach more people. You’ll want to pin when your target audience is most likely to be online. The best times on Pinterest are: 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 8:00 PM, 9:00 PM.
- Come up with ideas for your Pins well in advance. You can analyze others’ profiles in your niche. Or simply create pins based on the topics you’re already covering on your YouTube channel or website.
- Use relevant keywords in your pins, especially in the title and description.
- Pin to relevant boards. You need to create relevant boards with proper titles. This will help your followers to find more relevant pins in the same topic..
2. Use a pin scheduler
Consistency is the KEY to increase your Pinterest followers.
The simplest way to regularly post pins on your account is to use a schedular.
A Pinterest scheduler is a tool that helps you schedule Pins in advance. It’s an automatic process. You’ll create Pins, schedule them whenever you want and the schedular will automatically publish your Pins at a specific time.
The best part? By default, Pinterest allows you to schedule up to 100 Pins as many as 30 days in advance (on Android and iPhone) and up to 14 days in advance on desktop.
Here’s how you can schedule your Pins in advance.
Log into your Pinterest business account and click “Create” at the top-left of your screen, then click Create Pin.
Now, simply pick an image or video for your Pin and add a title, description and destination link.
As you can see above, you can select “Publish at a later date” option and choose the day and time you’d like to publish your Pin.
You can also use social media scheduling tools like Buffer, HootSuite, etc to schedule your Pins in advance.
3. Create keyword-rich titles and descriptions
When you’re creating pins, make sure to use relevant keywords in your titles and descriptions.
It will help MORE people find your pins when they’re searching for those keywords or topics on Pinterest.
Here’s an excellent quote from the Pinterest team to remember: “Don’t just show people your hiking boots, show them what they can do with your hiking boots.”
Here are some quick tips for writing search-friendly titles and descriptions to grow your Pinterest followers in 2023.
- Use keywords in the beginning. The best way to increase your organic reach on Pinterest is to insert your keywords at the beginning of your title and description.
- Try to find and use long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are more specific than short-tail keywords, and they’re often easier to rank for. For example, instead of using the short-tail keyword “fashion,” you could use the long-tail keyword “fashion trends for women.”
- Use keywords in your image name and alt text. Most people use random file names for their images. Using keyword-rich file names (image names) and alt text can help your Pins to appear on top of Pinterest searches.
- Keep your titles and descriptions short and sweet. You can use up to 100 characters for your title and up to 500 characters for your Pin description.
4. Follow others
Following other Pinterest users in your industry is the easiest yet most effective way to increase your followers.
Here are some tips for following other users on Pinterest to increase your followers:
Follow users in your niche: Make sure to ONLY follow users in the same niche as you. Don’t follow everyone under the sun. You want to build “targeted followers on Pinterest.”
That’s how you’re more likely to find people interested in your content. It will also increase the chances of them following you back. Just type in keywords or topics relevant to your niche to find similar users (or Pinterest boards) to follow people.
Follow users who have a lot of followers: In most industries, there’ll be people with a MASSIVE following. Try to find such users. When you follow users who have a ton of followers, their followers are more likely to see your pins when you repin their content. It ultimately leads to more exposure for your pins and more followers for you.
Follow users who are active on Pinterest: There’s no point in following those who are not active. Users who are active on Pinterest are more likely to see your pins when you follow them.
Follow users who interact with your pins: Whenever you post pins, if someone interacts with your pins, such as repinning them or commenting on them, follow them. Why? Because they’re ALREADY interested in your content, so they’ll most likely to follow you back.
Here are a few more ways to spend time outside your Pinterest profile to gain followers.
Repin other users’ pins: After following relevant people and boards on Pinterest, start repinning useful pins. When you repin other users’ pins, you’re building a rapport with other users and showing appreciation for their content. Sooner or later, other people also will repin your images if they’re helpful. Repinning also helps to increase the visibility of the original pin.
Comment on other users’ pins: Commenting on other users’ pins is another effective way to build relationships with other Pinterest users. When you comment, be sure to add something meaningful and thoughtful. Don’t just leave generic comments like “thanks” and “great work,” as they don’t add value.
5. Find popular keywords and boards
Pinterest boards are similar to Facebook or LinkedIn groups. They are excellent for connecting with other users who share your interests.
Participating in Pinterest group discussions and pining relevant content will make you more likely to attract new followers.
You can use platforms like Pingroupie to find popular boards and keywords on Pinterest.
You can also use the Pinterest search bar to quickly find popular keywords relevant to your niche.
Here’s a quick tip: You can use the Pinterest Trends tool (free) to discover growing trends that are related to your top Pins from the last 30 days.
Using this information, you can easily identify topics that are relevant to your audience and that you can create Pins about.
6. Hashtags are extremely effective
Almost every social media platform allows users to include hashtags, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and even Pinterest.
Hashtags allow people to find the latest information or interesting pins on platforms like Pinterest.
Here are some of the key benefits of using hashtags within your pins;
- Helps new people to discover your content (which ultimately helps you with more Pinterest followers)
- You can use niche-based hashtags to build a community on a specific topic
- They help you with better user engagement
- You can also create unique hashtags that are specific to your brand, website, or business. It’s a much easier way to create brand awareness.
So how can you use hashtags effectively for more reach and followers?
Here are some practical tips for using hashtags in your Pinterest pins.
Use relevant hashtags: No one appreciates irrelevant hashtags. When choosing hashtags, make sure they are HIGHLY relevant to the content of your pin.
Use a variety of hashtags: Most people use the same hashtags on every pin they create. Yes, it’s easier to copy-paste the same tags, but it won’t help. Don’t just use the same hashtags for every pin. Mix it up and use a variety of hashtags, including both broad and niche-specific hashtags.
Don’t use TOO many hashtags: It’s a good idea NOT to use more than 20 hashtags per pin. Using too many hashtags can make your pin look spammy.
Use them at the end: To make your pins look natural (and less spammy), it’s better to place hashtags at the end of your pin description. That way, you can keep them out of the way of your pin’s title and main description.
Above all, use trending hashtags if you’re looking to get more exposure for your pins. Just make sure they’re all relevant to your brand and the content you’re posting on Pinterest.
7. Don’t forget to use Pinterest analytics
One reason we like Pinterest MORE is that it offers in-depth analytics (for FREE).
You can use Pinterest Analytics to quickly understand how your Pins are performing and how you can grow your following.
You can do a ton of things using the Analytics including;
- Identifying your top-performing Pins, saves, comments, clicks, etc
- See what topics are extremely popular
- Track your Pin impressions and more
Here’s what it looks like;
As you can see above, you can quickly find your top Pins along with their total impressions. Based on that data, you can create more of such Pins that are already working well for you.
8. Run contests and giveaways
Giveaways are the FASTEST way to grow your Pinterest following.
People love freebies, especially when you’re offering something amazing.
Here are some tips on running a successful Pinterest giveaway to gain more followers.
Offer something your audience will want: The giveaway prize is the most important thing. This could be a product, a service, or even an Amazon gift card. Make sure the prize is something that your audience will be excited to win. If possible, run a quick survey or poll on your social networks and give multiple product options to find what you want to giveaway.
Set clear rules: You must set proper guidelines for entering the contest. Make sure to let your audience know that the contest is 100% fair and everyone can win. You can use tools like Rafflecopter to run contests.
Promote the contest: If you want to grow your Pinterest following, you need more people to join your contest. So make sure to promote it on all of your social media channels. Try to promote it to your email list and website to reach more audience.
Use relevant hashtags: Many people will search for giveaways on Pinterest. So it makes sense to use relevant hashtags like #PinterestGiveaway #freebie #contests, etc., to promote the contest.
Run the contest for a limited time: You want to create some sense of urgency to persuade people to join your contest. The best way to do that is to run your contests for a week (or ten days). Not more than that. That way, you can encourage people to enter the contest sooner rather than later.
Ready to boost your Pinterest following? Join our vibrant community for daily growth tips and exclusive insights! Let’s achieve new heights together – follow us on Pinterest now and let the journey begin! 🚀
A Quick Checklist to Grow Your Pinterest Following
Here’s a quick checklist for increasing your Pinterest followers:
- Create high-quality pins that are HIGHLY relevant to your target audience.
- Post at the right times. Posting your pins at the most optimal times gives you more reach and followers.
- Use relevant keywords in your pin descriptions and titles.
- Pin frequently. At least 5 times a day.
- Interact with other Pinterest users to build a community around your profile.
- Promote your Pinterest account on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Try to promote your account on your website as well.
- Collaborate with other Pinterest users who post relevant pins in your industry.
- Use Pinterest analytics to track your progress and analyze what pins are performing well on your account.
FAQs on how to grow on Pinterest
Here are some FAQs on how to blow up on Pinterest.
How to get more followers on Pinterest?
Posting regularly, pinning high-quality images, and using keyword-rich titles and meta descriptions are the best practices to get more followers on Pinterest.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a visual search engine that has over 460 active monthly users worldwide. You can get ideas for design, connect with other people and grow your website traffic using Pinterest.
Do followers matter on Pinterest?
Yes, Pinterest followers matter. The more people who follow you and your boards, the more likely your pins are to be seen by others. Also, by having more followers, you’ll see more interactions with your pins, which ultimately helps with more visibility and your profile growth.
How often should I post new pins to increase my follower count?
Posting daily on Pinterest helps a lot. Try to post at least 5 times a day, especially when you’re getting started. Regularly pinning helps you increase your followers on Pinterest fast.
What are some common mistakes people make when increasing their Pinterest followers?
Here are some common Pinterest mistakes most people make;
– Not optimizing their profiles
– Not posting regularly
– Not using relevant hashtags
How can I use hashtags to increase my pin visibility?
Posting original content often attracts more followers on Pinterest, as Pinterest prefers unique content to show its users. Try to find a unique angle within the topics you want to pin, and use high-quality images to increase your pin visibility.
Final thoughts on how to get famous on Pinterest
Posting Pins consistently, connecting with other active Pinterest users in your niche and using the RIGHT keywords within your Pin descriptions are the best ways to grow followers on Pinterest.
What are your thoughts on gaining more followers on Pinterest? Did you find the tips mentioned above helpful? Have any questions? Let us know in the comments.